800xA Solution with multiple aspect serveR
We have gas plant and there is Train 1 to Train 7
Need is to have One overall system for compleate plant as well as individual system form tain (1,2 ), train (3,4,5), train (6,7)
ABB application to be provided is power management system, so main controller will be situated in control room building and other in substation building.
We are not looking at MSI solution.
Is there any option to have mutiple aspect server in each location and in control room. If control room systemfails also customer can operated in local control rooms in each train.
Aspect server + Connect server for ( Main control Building)
Aspect server + Connect server for tain (1,2 )
Aspect server + Connect server for tain (3,4,5)
Aspect server + Connect server for tain (6,7)
OK - So you don't want to use MSI. That means you need to use one system and accept the slight limitations that come with it ...
- A system can have up to three Aspect Servers. Put one each of these in a separate building. The servers are redundant to each other and serve ALL areas.
- Use Affinity to force each operator workstation to prefer one of the aspect servers. The workstations in each area can all prefer the server in their own area, but fail over to another server if required.
- Do not try to save money by simply combining Aspect and Connectivity Servers. This is a large system and some care is required to design a suitable architecture.
- Use one pair of connectivity servers for each tain building. Note that each server can exist in a different building on a different physical server which is good for redundancy.
- A VMware virtual system with high performance CPU's, Solid State Disks in the physical Servers ( with separate RAID Disk pairs for each virtual server ) and plenty of memory for each server should provide very good performance. Pay attention to the quality of your network hardware and installation.
Please team up with your regional ABB sales representative, then contact BU CT product management and start a discussion of a Temporary Sales Authorization, TSA which may grant you configurations not listed in the System Guide.
In a strictly limited number of installations, additional aspect servers have been allowed. The largest system (to my knowledge) consists of eleven (11) aspect servers stretching over a thousand kilometers. That system actually works pretty well!
- The number of aspect servers must be odd (due to voting mechanism)
- Application must be designed to work even in Read Only Mode, e.g. not depend on writing to General Properties. Some scheduled report generation require temporary objects to be created. This will not be possible in the parts suffering Read Only Mode.
- Event Storage will only run in two of the aspect servers. Events will not be available to all clients when there is a break in the network. Alarm Manager is not limited.