ABB 800xA ipconfig tool error
I am trying to connect a controller by using ipconfig tool via TK202A but I take error message. It says "Connection to controller failed. Timeout." I did firmware upgrade then opened ipconfig tool and pressed connect, the tool detected the controller reset, so I think don't have a problem about my cable. But after the detection it is waiting controller to start up, and at this step I am taking the error. What may be the problem?
If anyone could help I would be appriciate.
Firmware upgrade might have failed. Remove the battery and try serial firmware upgrade.
CF upgrade can be done easily starting with 5.1; right click CPU in HW tree and select Load firmware to Removable Media (the following will be shown for a PM864):
In worst case the unit is bricked and needs to be programmed with special tools. Contact your regional ABB support center for assistance, or use RMA to get the unit replaced.
Another alternate procedure to set an AC 800M's IP address is the following (this requires the unit to boot up normally, no red LED flashing...)
1) Connect a terminal program (HyperTerminal in XP or e.g. 3rd party like PuTTY in later Windows versions) to the controller's port #4
2) Perform controller reset. The existing IP will be shown (late) in the boot sequence.
3) Adjust the engineering computer's IP address & mask to match the controllers subnet. Verify connection with ping.
4) Use Control Builder M / Compact Control Builder to download a temporary project / application to the controller (set Remote Identity to the current IP, but choose your desired new IP in controller settings for Ethernet port #1 [and #2 if desired]). Ethernet #2 is disabled in factory default. Need to set it to Enabled + controller reset.
5) Reset controller. Verify that the new IP is shown using the terminal program.
6) Change engineering computer's IP address & mask to match the new IP address and verify that the controller is reachable on the new IP address.
Ensure the following while setting the controller Ethernet1 IP address by using config tool.
1.while using PPP, disconnect CN1 And Cn2 cables from controllers
2.Switch off secondary/stand by controller if any else switch over may happen.
3.Remove battery if any else stored applications in the battery doesn't allow you to setip.
4.Once battery removed reset the controller once.
5.Connect the Tk212 cable via usb/serial or direct then press connect and press reset in the controller till blinks>3s(cold reset).
6.It should detect the default factory stored IP settings then restore the factory stored IP settings first before changing any IP since if you in case change the baseplate MacID also get change so better to restore it to factory settings.
7.Change the IP settings as per your requirement.
8.Ethernet2 IP to be set from the CBM so after set the ethernet2 IP controller to be restarted by connecting the CN1 and CN2 cable both.
In your case the reason may be time elapsed between the connect and controller reset.
SO you have perform the reset of controller withina perticuler time may be its within 30s i guess