Process Portal A2.1/2 with SP1 - AdvDsOpcConnector restarts several times
- Registry change
Use the registry import file 3BSE029867C0024.reg, that can be found under Software, to change the supervision timeout from 15 to 30 seconds.
The patch needs only to be installed on Connectivity Servers connected to OPC servers, like AC800M/C OPC Server.
For all Connectivity Servers connected to OPC server do step 1-2
1. Log on to the computer as an administrator
2. Double click on the file 3BSE029867C0024.reg to change the registry values.
For the change to take effect, the OPC DA service providers need to be restarted.
3. Start Plant Explorer as a system administrator
4. Go to the Service Structure and the OpcDA_Connector service.
5. Locate the service providers running on the computers affected by the registry change. For all service providers, view the Config tab of the Service Provider Definition aspect. Uncheck Enabled, press Apply and then check Enabled and Apply.
[ref 3BSE029867D0024 VASMASOITA0886 ]
- Process Portal A2.1/2 with SP1 - AdvDsOpcConnector restarts several times
The timeout for supervision of an OPC DA server may in some cases be too short. This makes the service AdvDsOpcConnector restart now and then, which may give data of bad quality in graphic displays. Several system events of type "OPC server stopped" and "Service provider started" for the OPC DA Service provider can be seen in the System Event list.