Updating a GSD-based Profibus Slave
- To update a GSD-based Profibus slave please proceed as follows:
- Before the update make a note of the allocation of all the relevant inputs/outputs and the diagnosis variables of the "old" slave (Slave_old). Insert the new slave (Slave_new) with the new GSD file in the Profibus tree. Enter all the modules on the "Slave_new" according to the I/O structure of the "Slave_old". Using the Editor in the Hardware tree (top left in the Hardware Editor) copy the data from the "Slave_old" to the "Slave_new". Copy the inputs as follows:
- Select "Node" from "Slave_old". Call up the I/O Editor. Select the card Inputs. Select all the components (select in the left column). Cut all the components (Ctrl X or right click è Cut) Quit the card by clicking "OK". Select "Node" from "Slave_new". Call up the I/O Editor. Select the card Inputs. Paste all the components (Ctrl V or right click è Paste). Quit the card by clicking "OK".
- Copy the outputs using the procedure described in 5, substituting "outputs" for "inputs". Copy the diagnosis components using the procedure described in 5, substituting "diagnosis components" for "inputs". Check that all the objects have been copied correctly. Delete the "Slave_old".
If an existing Profibus slave receives an update with a new GSD file, a new slave needs to be configured in the Hardware Editor and the old slave must be deleted.
The following handling procedure makes it possible for the structure of all the components of the Profibus slave and all input/output variables to be transferred during this update.
- The simple COPY/PASTE procedure does not transfer the variables of the process stations.
There is no causal error. The installed operating system dictates the handling.