Need to backup/restore an Advant OS across TCP/IP
- REMOTE Backup/Restore Procedure for DAT Drives
With DAT drive attached to an IMS station, and wanting to backup/restore an Advant OS across TCP/IP:
- In the IMS station, the file '/etc/host.equiv' must be created/edited with the following line: In the IMS station, another customer has to be added as follows:
- Pull 'Settings' down from the menu bar in the window of Advant Station 500 Information Management Station (the IMSmenu). Select 'User Definition'.. and pull down 'Actions' and create the following:
- Press the 'System Configuration' key. Select 'Maintenance' Select 'Station Backup' Highlight the intended function, i.e. 'Backup' or 'Restore' Select the 'Edit' pulldown menu Select 'Change Program Data' In the 'Optional Arguments' window enter the following:
4. Select the 'Action' pulldown menu and Select 'Start Program'
Note that this procedure will take considerably longer than if the DAT device is locally connected to the station you are backing up.
5. If the device with the connected DAT drive is another Advant OS, only step three would be required as long as the file '/etc/hosts' in each of the respective devices contained the appropriate TCP/IP addresses for each other.Problems
- Need help with memory pools