fixing diagnostic 'HS: COLLECT OPERATION FAILED FOR x LOGS'
User will get the diagnostics every 30 minutes for the Advant History node in the MOD300 diagnostics.
If they attempt to look at the status of the history logs, all will usually appear normal. All logs will be active.Symptoms:
To locate the offending logs in the IMS, do the following:
On a UNIX system:
1. open a Terminal Window
2. ps -ef | grep hsColl
3. note the pid of the hsCollection process
4. kill -USR2 <pid> (this will not actually kill the process)
5. cd /usr/tmp
6. ll -rt
7. at the bottom of the list will be a file cX.stats
8. search in the file for the phrase 'DIFFICULTY'. Under this header will be the logs that reference the failure in the diagnostics
9. Either delete the logs from the IMS, or deactivate the logs. If you delete the logs, all the historized numeric log data for the tag will be deleted from the system.