Redundant AC160 CPU sync issue
After the application is downloaded to Backup AC160 CPU, Backup CPU stays in "bf" mode instead of "b1 mode. It appears that Backup AC160 CPU does not sync with Primay AC160 CPU. Primary CPU is in "P1" mode.Symptoms:
Found that backup CPU was not loaded with a correct sequence.
Below is the procedure to download to the Backup AC160 CPU:
CAUTION: In a running process, Primary AC160 CPU should not be touched or attempted to download.
1. Change the AC160-CPU2 Mode Switch to Position “0” and hit Reset on the CPU2. CPU2 Indication will change to P3.
2. AC160-CPU1 Mode Switch Position should not be changed from Operation Mode “1” and CPU1 Indication must be showing P1 display.
3. Ensure that CPU1 is set to CPU number “1” and CPU2 is set to CPU number “2” and High Speed Link Cables between the CPU's are properly connected and secured.
4. Connect Engineering Station Serial Cable to COM “A” (9-pin Serial) port of the AC160 - CPU2 front panel.
5. On Engineering Station, launch Application Builder, select desired AC160 node, and Open Function Chart Builder.
6. From FCB Target menu, select “Connect” and Engineering Station will connect to AC160-CPU2 using predefined COM Port of MOXA card or the direct COM port of Engineering Station. Once the Engineering is connected, the CPU2 Indication will change from P3 to P6.
7. From FCB File Menu, unselect “Online Preparation Mode”.
8. From FCB Target Menu, select “Block Program” if available.
9. Select “Clear Prom” from FCB Target Menu, this will erase the application in AC160 –CPU2 Target.
10. Select “Load Application” from FCB Target Menu, this will download the application to the AC160 –CPU2 Target. (Use the same Target code as was used in CPU1; no new Generate Target Code should be generated here)
11. Change the AC160-CPU2 to Mode Switch Position “1”. (Do not hit Reset this time)
12. Select “De-block Program” from FCB Target Menu, this will unblock the program in AC160 –CPU2 Target and then select “Save in Prom” from FCB Target Menu.
13. Disconnect Target from FCB Target Menu. CPU2 Indication will change from P3-P5-P8-bf to b1.
14. Now both Primary and Backup CPU will act as a redundant pair.