Low pool for non paged memory
Issue with the Connectivity Server
Secondary Server did not take over.
Redundant server PM864
"Llow pool for non paged memory error."
Communications and Drivers Resolution:
There are mainly two causes for this issue:
1) Caused by Network adapter configuration
2) Caused by a hardware driver malfunction
1.- NETWORK ADAPTER: (related case ABB20100219-0286, ABB20100426-0280)
There is a characteristic in the network adapter called "TCP Chimney"
(First check if all the network adapters are ok. If there is no TCP chimney enabled is not necesary to apply the steps below)
According to Microsoft Technet Article 945977 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/945977), enabling the "TCP Chimney" functionality (Windows default, if the network adapter supports it) can cause high Non-Paged-Pool load. The recommendation is to disable this functionality on W2003-Server nodes.
1. Network adapter properties - configuration - advanced settings, disable "TCP Chimney",
2. Command "Netsh int ip set chimney DISABLED",
3. - Regedit HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters
- Set the following values to 0:
Besides the Technet Article 948496 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/948496) describes if not loaded can cause a Non-Paged low run.
2.- HARDWARE DRIVER: (related case ABB20100219-0286 reference document "How to Monitor the Non paged pool.pdf")
A damaged driver can cause a Non-paged memory consumption to the exhaustion point.
3.- Additional checking over the Alarm Logger Service to verify for changes over the system identifies issues on the memory size.