Slow Graphics call up time in Client stations on 800xA system 5.0 SP2 Rev D. After Virus attack.
The cause was not totally found as there is the possibility that the virus (Sallity) could have damaged some XML and EXE files in the system that may not have been restored correctly after the antivirus deleted it. No platforms i nthe system were reloaded at this time The action taken was to reconfigure the values and features described below in order to improve the performance in the node to acceptable levels.
1) I increased the paging file sizes on both Client machines from 5120mb to 8192mb
2) Defragged both Client machines
3) Gave Operator account(s) full Security Control on the Persistence Directory
4) Create new Ghost images of Client machines addressed
5) Rebooted Client machines then selected each display after the reboot on the menu page once to get them cached into memory, so that the next time the page got selected it would call uip faster.
6) Checked on the Virtual memory and assigned to 1.5 times the Physical RAM memory.