Restoring primary aspect server with Acronis Image
Our primay aspect server is failed Image backup is 1 year old, canwe restore the image and start the computer. Will it synch to the running seconday aspect server.
Since image is 1 year old , will it make any issue to system. if you have any procedure please update
I have did that and it works.
Of course, in case nothing is changed in this 1 year in system configuration - aspect and connect servers and so on, and the PC configuration of aspect server is the same as before. Image restore will restore the PC as it was 1 year before.
Better solution, of course, is regular Full backup of the system. But it will require resotre of Windows and system 800xA first (clear system before Imort procedure).
There are many other solutions, everything depends on what you have as a backup and existing hardware.
Take the Primary Aspect server out of the network, Restore the old Acronis Backup in the Aspect Server, Delete the System in the Aspect Server which is off one year old.
After Deleting the System form the Primary AS connect back to the Network, and from the Configuration Wizard select Connect Node and select the Secondary Aspect Server from the Drop down.This should get connected and it will sync with secondary AS.
You have got some good answers, see this as a summary.
- Old data will not overwrite new, aspect directory service has an internal sequence number. The running server's sequence number is higher than old restored, old will slave to new, not opposite.
- To keep backup of old data just in case... + force sync; rename the \OperateITData + \OperateITTemp folders in the repaired server before re-connecting it with the running server.
- Avoid "Delete Server" from Wizard as this risk messing up affinity and other settings. Do as recommended; keep Node Administration Structure intact and use "Connect node"
- In Microsoft Windows Domain environments, an absense of more than 60 days often require reset of the secure channel password. Most easy method is "leave for workgroup" + "rejoin domain" + reboot. If this is made, I also recommend re-running the System Software User Settings once more from the wizard before the system is started.
- The ABB Service Manager Service can temporarily be set to "Manual" or "Disabled" in the repaired server to allow maintenance in Microsoft Windows, etc. without having the 800xA system to autostart before everything has been sorted out. "Connect Node" will restore the "Automatic" setting.
- Backup often, backup early...