Freelance AC900F integration to Siemens CP315-2DP Configuration error
Currently, I am testing integration between ABB AC900F and Siemens CPU315-2DP, using Profibus-DP protocol. In Control Builder F, configuration has been done as follows,
1)Inserted GSD files for that Siemens controller type (GSD file is attached)
2)Assigned Node addr to 2, and Bus addr to 50 (they informed Profibus Slave ID is 50)
3)Changed PROFI_M_C object Memory configuration (ie. Highest bus address, and Number of I/O bytes per slave) refer to Siemens GSD configuration. The other configuration has been left default
4)Downloaded the program to the AC900F. Note, I just want to try the communication at first, so I did not configure the I/O.
1)(Attached screenshoot 02) “Slave not existent” indication was shown. For this case, I usually do “Set Address” to match the node addr to the bus addr, but “Error change address (RS)” error window was shown. I think Siemens controller does not support Set_Slave_Add_supp as written in GSD file.
2)Another scenario has been tried, which I assigned the same number for Node and Bus address (ie. 50). But, (attached screenshoot 03) “Configuration error” indication was shown
Did I miss any configuration?
Thank you in advance.
Voted best answer
Missing attachment, but I can imagine scenario you have described.
You are right not only Siemens controller but all hardware’s having hardware switch to set bus address does not support Set_Slave_Add_Supp.
First of all in commissioning mode in hwtree goto profibus masterobject and perform SCANbus and see if any slave appears there and in operate mode. so if any slave active on profibus network should appear in scanbus list. so there you can find correct slave number... if it appears...if not...
I don't see you are missing anything, but few things you can check.
1. CPU315-2DP can act as master/slave so verify that it is configured as slave first.
2. May be check the baudrates are supported, by default in master object 1.5 mbps is selected.
3. TO compare GSD configuration you can insert one more slave using gsd for s700 or s800 i/o , S700 i/o gsd should be available in GSD folder in freelance installation path. and with that you can compare configuration and check if anything missing...
4. And it's good to insert atleast one module with slave hardware, as I remember incase of configuring S800 or s700 i/o via gsd it's asking atleast one module to be configured...
Hope that helps, please return back if it does not workout or you need more help...
I’m sorry for the very late reply. Thank you for the support. The integration has been successfully performed. As summary,
1) Do SCAN bus and make sure the slave appears with pre-configured address (ie. using hardware or software). The result, Slave must be appeared.
2) Siemens controller does not support set slave address, so firstly I need to make sure the bus address configuration is matched. The result, there is no warning “Slave not existent”. Note, other possible warning is “Configuration error”
3) Configure the IO data from Hardware Structure window. At this point, you really need information from the slave’s manufacturer. The structure for IO data configuration is special for every device/manufacturer.
FYI, if you are using Siemens CPU315-2DP which is configured as slave, the IO data can be configured as attached screenshot. Please note, you need to ADD 1 st , 2 nd , and 3 rd general ID on three first Module addr.
4) Note, at this point other possible warning is “Diagnostic overflow”. I have not figured out the reason yet, but IO transaction via Profibus DP is OK.
Summit and Csanchez,
1) I don’t think all hardware’s having hardware switch to set bus address does no support Set_Slave_Add_Supp. What about S800 IO?
I always do SCAN bus to make sure the addr is not locked to a certain number (on this state, warning “Slave not existent” appears), and then do set address to assign the slave for an Profibus addr. Always do this especially for S800 IO with buggy rotary switch, where the indicated number is different than the real address.
And also, Siemens does not have these hardware switch, but its address can be configured via WinCC software
2) Agree with you and csanchez, other good point to check are the master/slave configuration, ident_number, baudrates (especially with a slave that does not support baudrates auto detect Auto_Baud_supp), current version Freelance 2013 SP1 does not support Freeze mode (Freeze_Mode_supp) and Synch mode (Sync_Mode_supp)