Access external properties from object type graphics in PG2 ?
I have created a custom object type with some faceplate elements. In one of this faceplate elements I want to access a property outside of the object type. (This is a central on/off switch). In the PG2 property dialog are only object related properties visible. If I just type the object+property name, it would not be resolved.
How can I insert such references to properties?
Voted best answer
- Create an instance of your object somewhere in the control structure
- Override the faceplate element and edit it
- Add graphic sub elements and primitives as required and make connections to the central On/Off switch
- Once the connection is resolved properly cut/paste the sub elements from the overridden faceplate back into the object type.
- Delete the override on your instance.
This works for PG2 Graphic Displays as well.
The other alternative is to use Late Binding