Freelance AC900F MODTCP_M Fatal error & Error code
I faced a problem with Freelance AC900F after communication integration test to Modicon M221 controller, using Modbus TCP communication protocol. Procedures have been done as follows,
1) Ethernet Port 1 & 4 was enabled, and have different IPs to connect to two seperated networks ie. LCP (Local control panel) network, and Freelance system network. Please see attached Network connection diagram.
2) I have initialized MODTCP_M connection interface. Slow down cycle was switched ON to make it easier for troubleshooting (using Modbus slave simulator).
3) I was used Modbus function block MODM_R8C and MODM_R16C, and have configured starting address, data length, and slave ID.
Here is the results,
1) Test using Modbus simulator was successfully done (AC900F as Mobus master). I can attach later Modbus data packet transaction if you really need it.
2) Then I changed the Modbus slave to real Modicon M221 controller. I got output status ERR turned on, and STAT indicates error code 16#E or 14 (in decimal). I can not find the meaning of this error code inside “Communication and fieldbusses” document.
3) Then I tried to restart the controller, and I got Fatal error code 30000F89. Controller was passed booting phase, but after several seconds it went to Fatal error display again.
4) After that, network connection was failed. I can not access the controller via Ethernet port.
1) What is the cause of this problem?
2) How do I restore the firmware? Via serial DIAG connection?
3) Where can I find related online articles? I’m afraid, I’ll face this problem again later during site commissioning (*will be a nightmare)
No worries, As Tore replied it is know problem. Seems you are using Freelance Version 2013 or 2013 SP1. So if you are on Version 2013 then Install temporary correction 2013 TC02 for that contact to local ABB service people. Incase you are on Version 2013 SP1 then upgrade to version 2013 SP1 RU01(roll up), which can be downloaded from ABB solutions bank provided you got the access. This will correct the issue.
And regarding STA error code16#E I could also can not find, but try on addresses by +/- 1 count. like for address 40001 @ modicon, put 0 in freelance. if no success try 1. And also make sure your TCP port numbers are matching in case of freelance it's 502.
And to diagnose communication better check in commissioning mode in hw tree, by selecting interface object you can find in lower pen statistics about send/received count, retries, error count etc.... so if your send/rec count increasing and zero reties and error count your communication is healthy...
Hope that helps...