Profibus error in AC900F redundancy
For somehow my profibus redundancy is not working. when I isolate CI930F from the controller it works fine. But when I attach it, I get "redundancy error " in control builder F.
1) i have a new grey type controller with new style CI 930F and the other controller is white which is the old one. CI930F of this is attached with TU915F for the line A. my question is can we mix and match. Has anyone tested it?
2) Why do I have redundacy error display status?
3) I have only one battery for the controller now.. ( ordered it from ABB but little delay because of the holiday). Do I need to have the battery to test redundancy? I have SD card for sure.
4) when downloading the project to controller, one controller displays " bootloader waiting" and resume its state after 2-3 mins. Is that normal? What does it mean?
Need your advice..
Voted best answer
Copied text from previous question and deleted the same,
Recommended to continue on same topic in same thread instead adding many questions.
I am getting " slave not existance" when online in CBF. Tried several attempts to get this profibus redundancy working but no luck at all.
One of the CI930F status on the LEDs is as follow:
STA: Blinking orange
A : RED
the other CI930F status on the LEDs is as follow:
STA: Blinking orange
A : RED
It should be Green on the A and B on both the CI930F, right... why am i getting this?
I have a pair of CI840A module with two I/O's (DO840 and DI840), LIne A and LINE B from CPU to these CI modules. Also, the CI840A's PRIM LED's are turning on back and forth on BOTH the CI840's.
DO i have to add two CI840 or just one in the Control Builder F, could you please look at the program file attached.
ALso, please see the attached picture for your reference.
Please could you lead me what's going on.
I would be so grateful.
Thanks" by Sally
Not sure should work or not but worth trying out. few more question to understand better this mix and match...
1. both old and new CI's are on same firmware ?
2. old CI 930 you are using with TU 951 for line redundancy ?
3. in both CI 930s settings are default and same ? Profibus line redundancy setting is enabled ?
4. What are the LED status of STA on CI 930 ?
Image of hardware connection will help more...
answer to few of your questions...
So for sure redundancy error is due to profibus, but need to figure out is it due to hw issue(like mix n match not compatible), configuration issue ( may be different firmware or parameterization) or cabling.....
1. I had no chance to test it. I rather prefer to go fore both new CI930 :), bytheway it's TU 951F right ? not TU915F...for line A.
2. as written already more details will help to find out why ?
3. Battery is to backup process and configuration data when power is not there. so having power ON don't need battery to test redundancy.
4. If it resumes back and goes to running,sync or any running status means that's fine. should not be 2-3 min but could be 1-2 minute depending on amount of configuration you are downloading. So far my understanding about 'bootloader waiting' means waiting for boot parameter to be loaded. check this piece of information from manual. make sure you have downloaded firmware on both primary and secondary controller.
And also recommended to read through about redundancy process station engineering manual.