Control connection aspect -Update rate
I have tried to upload one 3rd party OPC Server to 800xA system.....but it is geting uploaded with "3s " update rate....I want to make the update rate as "1s"...while uploading to the system...I know how to change manually...but I have 1000 signals reading via the OPC link...any idea?..I tried BDM but could not able to load the properties to the excel sheet....
When performing an *un-typed* upload (resulting in Generic OPC Objects) the update rate is hard coded to 3000 ms.
I recommend that you forward a future enhancement request to your regional ABB sales representative: "user defined OPC update rate" for Generic OPC upload.
In lack of this new function you could fall back on *typed* upload:
1. Upload normally
2. Create object type objects for each type the OPC server exposes
3. Copy Control Connection aspects from Control Structure to Object Type Structure. Define appropriate update rate on type level (permission, trend scaling, etc. properties can also be set)
4. Use Bulk Data Manager to extract Control Structure objects to Excel
5. Use BDM to insert objects from above step into Functional Structure, now using appropriate object types created in previous step.
6. Delete Control Structure objects (references will go lost...)
7. Perform upload. The uploader will now "merge" the instances carrying same name from Functional Structure into Control Structure using CCA properties set on the type.
The merge is depending on unique naming - object must not exist more than one (1) time for merge to work.