AC900F controller redundancy
working on AC900F controller redundancy with no clue at all.. Could you please pass me documentation and sample program regarding it. Haven't done any redundancy stuffs.. need your help GUYS!
Really Appreciate it..
Configuring a redundant AC900F is really easy! On the software side of things You simply create a redundant PS resource with redundant tasks. Both Program Lists, Programs and everything else is configured just as with normal proces station (only remember to use process image variables - You know, the ones with "@"). If You already created a single PS - don't worry. Simply export it and then import it back into You project with option "Import as redundant". Then go to Hardware Structure and add a controller AC900FR. Configure AC900FR hardware (memory, modules etc.) and assign Your resource. Your done on the software side of things.
The hardware is even easier - all You need to do is:
1. Have two AC 900F CPUs (PM901F or PM902F) with exactly the same module configuration (Profibus or CAN Masters - of course You can't use S700 direct I/Os in redundancy)
2. Set the IP addres and subnet mask for Eth1 and then choose Redundancy Enabled on both CPUs. You can use eighter a display unit or a diagnostic port for that.
3. Connect Both CPUs to system network on port Eth1 and connect then with each other on port Eth2. This secound connection (between AC900Fs on Eth2) is called Redundancy Link and must ba a private network (in sense that no other active devices can be connected to it).
4. Connect other networks (fieldbuses), if You have any. If You don't, the CPUs won't be able to synchronize.
Thats all. Simply load the aplication and You're done!
For more info see Freelance manuals: Mounting & Installation - AC 900F Controller and Engineering - Process Stations (see attached files). Also try out Freelance Quickstart DVD with its Video workshop and other usefull stuff. You can get it for free from Your local ABB representative.
Hope this helps,
Answer from mike covers most of the information, just wanted to highlight working with redundant controller is same as single controller in Freelance. And freelance provides integrated(built-in) redundancy solution, means no extra program, logic or software needed only hw & sw should be configured as redundant.
only changes one can remember to design redundant controller as follow
- use Redundant controller AC 900FR and gateways, in hw tree
- use redundant Process station D-PS/Red in project tree(under SW)
- in both the controller hardware enable Eth2 for redundancy via keypad and connect them via red link. and use all the variables with process image.
Except this everything configured, engineered and designed as designed for single controller. Hope that helps
Sorry for the confusion - I only meant to say, that there is no difference in programing the redundant PS resource and a single PS resource. You only need to create it as a redundant resource and all the configuration afterwards is just the same as for any other PS (redundant or not).
In case of AC 900F there is also no difference if You use crossover or regular cable. All AC 900F Ethernet ports have Auto MDI-X function, so they will recognize on their own what kind of cabel is used and adapt to it.
As for a project - see attached csv file. It's an export file froma very simple Freelance 2013 project. You will find there two AC 900F stations configured - one (PS1) is redundant and the other is single AC 900F (PS2). As You can see the program running on both of them (FBD1 and FBD2 respectively) is almost the same and was created the same way.
If You need any more help don't hesitate to ask.
Hope this helps,