OPC error after downloading on controller
After downloading on controller, next 2-to-5 minutes all values go to OPC error
on graphic display (values are frozen and equal zero). After that time values
return in normal state.
I want that after downloading on controller values are instantly equal their real-time values.
What might be the problem/solution?
Theres a bunch of things could be wrong ...
- When did this problem first start
- Where is the problem - One controller, All controllers, is there anything special about this controller.
- How much spare memory does the controller have available
- What is the CPU load during normal running, during warmstart after download
- What is the stop time of the last download
- What is the memory quota for downloads
- How many applications are there in your controller
- Are there any errors in the OPC Server Panel during or shortly after the download
- Are you using 800xA or Compact HMI
- Do you have redundant OPC Servers
Rob is absolutely correct but there are more things that could go wrong.
Immediately following a download the OPC server will be blindfolded because it need to retrieve a couple of new files from FSD. Equally, the Control Builder need to upload them there.
If CBM upload or OPC server download fail, the time with blind OPC server will be prolonged.
Check session.log from OPCServer and CBM for recent FSD failures.
Faung tracing FSD is a complex matter; please consider engaging your regional ABB support center.
Solution is in document '2PAA114363-510 B' on 186. page. "If there is no connection to all controllers during a download, there could be a loss of live data in the process graphics. The time for which the live data is lost could be from a couple of seconds to minutes depending of how many Controllers have lost their connection."