WHAT IS THE REQUIRED SOFTWARE FOR CLIENT STATION ABB 800XA 5.1 TO BE CONNECTED TO SERVER
I would use the system planner tool from DVD 1 from your 800xA software set. You can start if after the autorun programm has started by clicking: automated installation --> system setup tools --> system planner. The files the program creates are readable with notepad or internet explorer and give you all information needed. It's also the best way to install an operator client.
- US English Win7 SP1
- US English Office 2007, 2010 or 2013 (optional)
- 800xA Base media of correct version
- 800xA revision or feature pack media of correct version*
- Any additional software loaded from ABB BU or 3rd party
- Enough past experience of this task
- Willingness to find & follow documented procedures to the letter
- Automated Install may help, but manual method will work if procedure is followed
*) Some come with full build replacing base version. See Release Notes for details on your version.
A DCT software compare will give exact details, use it.
If exact same hardware already exist I'd consider cloning an existing client before loading up one from scratch. Clone source must be healthy or else your problems will double.
Search AKS for tips regarding cloning (registry keys and folder to be removed, IP and name change, domain joining, etc).
Cloning is not officially documented, but well done it can save immense amounts of precious labor and time.