At present my system load as follow, cyclic load 39% and total system load 68%. There is fear that system load can increase,
1. what is the danger limit for system load and cyclid load?
2. if there is NO new configuration can these load increase?
3. What is the room of freedom for us to load new configuration without vilating system load limit?
4. can we make a historian trending for system load and cyclic load?
5. how to identify what process causing system loading high?
Another issue is my client server, there is 6 number of PLC connected to my client server it have redundancy, but it cant perform as redundancy, we have to manually reset and change over.
is there a methods and guidance to make this client server fully automatic redundant.
1. Cyclic load is the most critical. Exactly where the limit is depends on your code.
If you can RNRP-Ping (double click on "R"-taskbar icon, menu item 5) to the controller
without long response time, then your controller can handle the situation.
2. Normally not.
3. You never know what new code causes until tested it...
4. If you look for SystemDiagnostics object under an application in Control Structure, there you have Function Block containing Properties, which Log Configuration can use. Eg TotalSystemLoadPerCent and CyclicLoadPerCent.
5. I assume task analyze is the first tool to use.