800xA Time Sync
Could anyone help me in resolving the below issue:
800xA system: 5.1 RevB
1. one Aspect server combined Domain and 800Connectivity (AS-DC-800M)
2. One 400 Connectivity Server
3. One Engineering Station.
The issue is Once I downloaded the 800M application and went online from Aspect server. Both Connectivity server and Eng station went down.
Could anyone help me in setting the time sync between all the three servers and which one to be master and time services etc etc to make all the servers up and running.
The things which I have done is disabled windows time in 400Connectivity and eng station and unchecked the time adapter of 800M connect from all the servers control panel program.
Thanks in advance
Voted best answer
Input is required: what node should be used as time reference?
Valid answers: ES, DCASCS800, 400CS, any AC 800M, any node on MB300, external SNTP source, etc...
There is no "golden rule fitting all" - you must make some choices!
Personally I'd do this (if external ref exists):
1. Activate Win32Time service in DCASCS800
2. Configure Win32 in DCASCS800 to act as SLAVE to external reference clock
3. Configure Win32 in DCASCS800 to act as SERVER to any asking client
4. Configure AfwTime in DCASCS800 to be FIRST in service provider order
5. Configure AfwTime in CS400 to be SECOND in service provider order
6. Setup RTA/PU410 of CS400 with REVERSE SYNC. RTA shall have clock sync element False,2,1. Backup settings!
7. Setup one AC400 controller with clock synch element to True,2,1 others with False,2,0
8. Setup all AC 800M as SNTP slave to DCASCA800. No CNCP master.
Domain members will be synced by DC. 800xA nodes will be synced by AfwTime. Don't configure both for any time client node. Use either one.
Document and explain to end user. Eg the waste of trying to change time in any other node than the external reference.
There are several variants to the above (where AC400 master is, use CNCP on AC800 Net [=need to disable AC800TimeAdapter in DCASCS800 to prevent time loop!!!], external reference on AC 800M control network, GPS, etc).
With more input from you I could be more specific...
There are multiple schemes you can follow, it depends on the hardware you have like CI855, External clock etc.
You can refer manual 3BSE034463-600_A_en_System_800xA_6.0_Network_Configuration.pdf Section7 and choose the best scheme for your configuration.