Third-party Profibus Device in ControlBuilder
I will be migrating a DCI DCU to AC800M. One of the Profibus networks connected to the DCI DCU has a Modbus-to-Profibus converter (a GE P485). For the migration, I'm not sure how to integrate this device in the Profibus network going forward (via ControlBuilder M). I've checked on SolutionsBank and a data sheet has not yet been created for this 3rd party device.
How should I proceed with integrating this 3rd party device in the ControlBuilder project / 800xA? Is there a different Profibus library that could be used to read Profibus data from this 3rd party device?
Voted best answer
1. First you must find .gsd file of your 3rd party device. Usually device manufacturers gives this file. This .gsd file includes all the necessary info about profibus communication with that device.
2. With this file you must create a new hardware library under hardware section of library of your cbm project. A wizard will open and it will guide you.
3. Then you must map the datas you want, to the adresses of device. This is last part of the wizard.
4. Then you must add this new hardware under profibus master card in your project and give the node number same as the device slave adress.
5. Define variables under slave device you added, download project.