why all work station hang
-10 nos of our work station hang 10-15 times per day from past 4,5 days
- All service running in AS1,AS2,AS3, CS and OPC server
- All service is running which ABB Engineer recommended in all Server
-ABB system is 800xA v3.1
Wuindows Server 2000, WS windows Xp
please help ....
Typically R&D will need hang mode memory dumps of a handfull frozen AfwWorkplaceApplication.exe processes to be able to tell.
Wasn't the workplace watchdog introduced in 3.1? Try enabling it and catch some frozen workplace processes, or use Task Manager to produce memory dumps.
If freeze releases itself after 1/2 minute a wild guess is a problematic OPC server.
An indefinite hang may relate to the Aspect Directory service.
Any messages in [Workplace Structure]Web System Workplace:System Event List?
I recommend asking the regional ABB support center for assistance!
I made a brief check in my lab.
- SV3.1 does have the Workplace Watchdog (ensure it is enabled in the Config Wizard)
- Watchdog output (if Create Error Report is clicked) is \OperateITTemp\Dump\Hang\
- Task Manager does not allow dumping of processes
- SysInternals procdump.exe from today does not work on older OS; you will need an older version to be able to dump a frozen process from the command line.