Connection of sofcontroller to OPC
I would like to know how to connect the sofcontroller to OPC. I know that I have to add the adress x.x.x.x:2 and connect it. But I don´t know if I have to do something else in the workplace. The reason is that I want to see the data of a program and it says that they have bad quality, but the OPC server for ac 800m show that I'm connect to the softcontroller.
Voted best answer
If you want to use soft controller for your system, following steps need to be done.
1. Start the Softcontroller (so that SoftController.exe process should start). Use the appropriate controller you need (whether PA or HI from setup menu of soft controller)
2. Use softcontroller IP either w.x.y.z:2 (where, w.x.y.z is your node address) or loop back IP as 127.0.0.1:2
3. Download the application with soft controller.
4. Connect it to OPC with the above mentioned IPs. I guess, you have everything done till this step.
5. Create two services (Service Group>>Service Provider) in service structure, in Event Collector and OPCDA_Connector. Use the AS node for these two services.
6. Map the OPC service created in step5 to Control Network by creating an aspect OPC Data Source Definition and selecting the service from the drop-down.
7. On created service group for Event collector, Service Group Definition >> Special Configuration>>Select OPC AE Server for AC 800M.
8. Optional: If the same node is subscribed in OPC of some other node, then you may get sometimes subscription problems. Increase the AE Max number of event subscriptions in CBM (before download, offline) if you cant disconnect the OPC subscriptions from other nodes. Path: Select the Controller >> 0th position (Controller Hardware) >> Settings
9. Optional: Restart your OPC service (ABB OPC Server for AC 800M)
I hope this would help.
To get data in hmi ensure u have downloaded the program to softcontroller as u told IP:2 and in controllers are added in opc panel for da and ae tab if ae required and connect control network to opc data source definition of opc servers where opc server for ac800m installed (opc panel where u have entered the IP) and in service str u add the opc grp for event collector service and add service provider and select the node where opc is running
If single node select the own node for the opc da and event collector service