Access denied while adding the clients from the server?
Access denied while adding the clients from the server through configuration wizard?
How to solve this issue?
Voted best answer
A picture of the problem had been great...
- Is the user attempting the "Add client" operation member of the IndustrialITAdmin group in Windows and the Administrators group in System 800xA?
- Is the client to be added on the same domain or workgroup as the server?
Try this at the server's Command Prompt:
C:\> dir \\clientname\c$
If the command fail, the account is not member of the Administrator's group in the client computer (or there is a problem with domain security settings/propagation)
- Has the client computer been configured with the same 800xA Service Account as the server?
(other, probably non-related issues are)
- Client and server does not see each other on the RNRP Monitor (this is a requirement)
- Client has firewall activated, but it has not been properly configured with the System 800xA System Installer's firewall tool
- There is some IP address/hostname conflict in the DNS or "hosts" files.
This message comes for lot of reason, but most commonly observed reason is the node having problems contacting domain. So if you are using a domain, try re-joining the node to domain.
(bring it to workgroup first, logoff, login as local administrator, rejoin to domain)