System.OutofMemoryexception - PG2.
In One of the Operator Station with version 800xA 5.1 FP4 Rev D, i am getting the following error attached.
System having 8 GB of RAM and 2GB Video card with dual monitor configuration.
Thanks & Regards.
1. Report the problem to your regional ABB support center for further action
2. I assume 64-bit operating system (any RAM above 3.5 GB will just be a waste on 32-bit OS). Its not difficult at all to run out of memory on 32-bit operating systems; just make configuration complex enough.
3. It is indeed possible to overload the workplace so it runs out of memory
4. How far does Virtual Bytes (measured with Perfmon.exe, NOT Task Manager) reach and how fast from start of workplace until this problem?
5. Try "Divide and Conquer" strategy; make a copy of the configuration (Workplace, graphics, etc) and cut away the configuration piece by piece or half by half.
- number of tabs
- number of elements and complexity in display called when problem strikes
- reduce number of OPC subscriptions
6. In rare occasions; certain graphic design may overstress the graphic engine causing unpredictable results. E.g. extensive use of timers and or "encapsulation" in several layers, very large complex hierachy of graphics. Try making the display simpler.
Report progress for all of the above items to your regional ABB support center.