Does Ac800M / AC500 or other CPU Hang / unresponsive due to erroneous condition,If any how, Why and what to do
How and what are the steps while programming that we need to take care while making sure that whatever happens with the control system the system donot go to unresponsive state.
Some conditions mentioned below that may pass compiler and get downloaded to CPU
1. Problems arriving due to communication with HMI/SCADA/3rd party device.
2. Logical errors , unending loops.
3. Simillar names of function block used many times in logic.
4. Conflicting names with Variables,Function and data types.
5. Conflicting or incompatible firmwares.
1) for communication you ahve to set the retry limit on errors from communication partners . This will prevent the controller to send request for each scan , hence avoid to go in loop ( get hang )
2) Avoid the copy paste startegy while programming or logic development . these are the common bugs creates unending loops or Conflicting names with Variables,Function and data types.
3) Adopt the standard procedures to power up any controller or control system which will definately avoid the possibility of using wrong / conflicting /incompatible firmwares.