GPS (RS232) configuration with HP B2600 Unix master machine
GPS (RS232) configuration with HP B2600 Unix master machine.
I want to know the procedure for configuring the GPS clock (HOPF 6844RC) with B2600 Unix master(1.8/6) machine through RS232 port communication.
I have not done this myself but I find the following an appropriate approach advisable on an Advant Station 500 Series Operator Station for MASTER (MOD300 is probably similar up to step 4).
1) Enable NMEA, etc. output from GPS over RS232.
2) Connect the GPS unit to the UNIX host via serial connection.
3) Verify with a terminal emulator software (e.g. /usr/bin/kermit) that NMEA time sentences are received over RS232.
4) Install time client software* compatible with the GPS (e.g. NMEA)
5) Change REVERSED_SYNC_MODE from "0" to "1" in /products/componentsConfig/UXBase/dxutsConfig
6) If required, increase REVERSED_INTERVAL from default 10 seconds to increase time accuracy of the MB300 synchronization (too frequent sets may disturb or prevent high precision time synchronization over MB300)
7) Ensure that the RTA clock sync element (CLS1/ClockSynch) is set with "TRUE", 2, "1" to allow it to act as clock master. Perform RTA Board Backup.
8) Restart the Advant Station
9) Verify success; e.g. that the LCLKP expert command return expected values (This node is master, This node is backup, Time is received) in all nodes of the MB300 network.
*) This software is not part of the ABB Advant OCS delivery. You will need to find this software on internet, etc.. For a person capable of C/C++ programming, downloading some open source source code and creating an own time service (daemon) should not be impossible. Just be sure to test the application properly before implementing it in a live production site.