Answer to question from 3 years ago
3 years ago you asked a question hear in the thread
"CI871 and Siemens 1200 series - profinet communication"
Did you get it to work with your configuration or what was the result?
Currently I'm in a similar situation and would love to know.
Voted best answer
Both AC800M and Siemens PLC work as a Profinet master. You have to have a profinet salve called "PN/PN coupler"in between. I ordered it from Siemens ..
Do the following
- Buy HW pn/pn coupler from Siemens. you can google it.
- Download gsd file from Siemens for the coupler... I am using version 3 .
- Covert gsd to hwd with Hw import tool in CB ( I don't remember the tool name now). Obs! You may encounter the problem with the newer version of Gsd since the tool might not support the newer version. You can contact ABB supportline if it is so. It was the problem 3 years ago in my case. They should have fixed it now,
- Connect the wire to the coupler between AC800M and Siemens. Follow the manual of that coupler.
- Insert Coupler under CI871 in CB
- Make sure station name are correctly configured for all PF units.
- donwload application to controller.