Can not download IMMFP02 from new harmony software due to firmware rev issue
We use S+ Engineering composer Harmony 6.1. We still use IMMFP02 Rev F3, INNPM01 Rev E2 & INNIS01 Rev E6. We can not download to IMMFP02 with error about firmware Revision status. I guess our NPM / NIS revision is too low for the software. Anybody can share what is the minimum firmware revision for MFP01- NIS01 -NPM01 for S+ Engineering composer Harmony 6.1?
The older MFP controller firmware revisions are generally supported with the more recent engineering tools.
- When does the error occur and what exactly does the error say?
- Is this an offline or online download?
- Did downloads work without error previously?
- Is it just one controller or all controllers affected?
- Can you verify the controller configuration with the CLDs or configuration file?
- Is the controller firmware revision set correctly in the Composer controller properties? A mismatch between controller firmware and the firmware declared in controller properties will display a warning at download time with an opportunity to cancel or continue. The controller properties firmware revision should be set to match the installed firmware (major revision only). If not, adjust the revision, recompile and try again.
- Is the controller firmware revisions definitely F.3 or later? MFP F.3 was the first release of firmware to supported the "Enhanced Status Reporting" which allowed online changes without having to view the controller LEDs. From memory Composer will complain if one tries to perform the semi-automated online change to a controller that does not support the enhanced status bytes or if the controller is in a Plantloop environment. If this is the case one can use "Procedure B" from the Composer primary interface manual and perform the online download by verifying the ongoing controller status via the front panel LEDs. Note that Composer manuals reference "pre-F2" as the revision that did not support Enhanced Status Reporting but the controller firmware release notes indicate this should probably be "pre-F3".
- MFP F.3 had an issue with behaviour of FC90 S3 in redundant configurations. S3 must be set to xx1 for the redundant controller to be detected at all.