Composer / SPE Access to Saved Configurations
- Can saved configurations be accessed, possibly for loading into the controller?
- Presumably, if so, they can be managed as well in that multiple versions might be available for the user to choose from for downloading.
- Can the saved configurations be verified against other saved configurations, the CLDs, and/or the current compiled CFG file?
Voted best answer
Hi Geoffrey, your assumptions are correct (both for SPE and Composer);
1. Yes, it is possible to upload current controller configuration to a CFG file in SPE both manually (Runtime->Save from controller) and automatically (through GSLV script).
These CFG file can as all other be accessed and again downloaded to the controller if needed.
2. Yes, all versions are historically stored in the SPE projects, including the CFG versions that have been downloaded to the controller
3. Yes, the saved CFG can be verified both against current and other historical CFG files. And also against the CLD's.
Hope this clarified your questions