Migrate CP430 to PP825A
- Controller is ABB PM571
- At this moment we are using a CP430 HMI….communication between CP430 and PM571 is through DB9 cable
- We want to replace the CP430 with PP825A
- I started programming the PP825 with Panel Builder 5.01
- On “Project –properties “ I cannot select the controller that I need (PM571) just the COMLI/ COMLI Slave/ Control Network
- In the “Name List” I imported the Tags from the CP430 project. The tags are in the format Ex: %MW0.33 or %Qx38.1 or %IX0.1
I tried to use those tags in the object definition and I cannot ( Invalid I/O)… I also tried Ex: QW48 or Q60.3 or IW140 or I130.3 ( a list from another project – 581 controller with PP825)
Can you tell me how I can define the tags , or what is the syntax (format) that I can use.
Voted best answer
Basically, CP600 series are the natural replacement of CP430, with direct using of tags from AC500.
PP825A is quite old model, the same is valid for Panel Builder 5.x - I think they are in classic phase.
In my Panel Builder 5.1, there is included driver for ABB Modbus AC500, using %MX/%MW format.
I'm not sure if you can add this driver to ver. 5.0 - try with update drivers from Internet...
If you don't have success to have AC500 protocol/driver in your Panel Builder, you can use standard Modicon Modbus Master RTU protocol.
Here the format is 4000x, 1000x e.t.c. I personally tried serial connection with this driver to different PLC's.
Finally, I suggest to open online help for the corresponding driver and read the addressing format.