How to implement Modbus RTU client communication on AC500 v3 in AB
I want to set up an AC500 v3 as client and i am a bit confused on how to do it. My confusion comes from AB user manual, help and other examples and q& on this forum:
- In the AB manual (3ADR010583) one can find (p. 3087):
"The Modbus client operating mode of an interface is set with the Function Block COM_MOD_MAST."
and after this (p. 3166)
" Modbus client In this operating mode, the telegram traffic with the server(s) is handled via the Function Block ModRtuMast"
- In AB help:
ModRtuMast is defined as the FB to be used for client comm. in "
COM_MOD_MAST is explained in "
- In all examples found in AB library and answers on this forum, everyone seems to be using COM_MOD_MAST.
- Moreover in AB help for one can read that both ETHx_MOD_MAST (contained in the library Ethernet_AC500_V10.lib ) and ModTcpMast (contained in the library ABB_ModbusTcp_AC500) can be used for client communication.
So, now the questions:
- Is it that "COM_MOD_MAST" is only available for V2 and only in , therefore i need to use ""? In the V3 project, i can add the AC500_ library but the _AC500_V10.lib can't be found.
- Is there any help/example on how to set up communication using ""? I can't seem to find anything related to this FB or its library, in the AB help.