800xA History VS IM History
I'm trying to understand how to setup the logs in 800xA 6.1 using 800xA History.
I've earlier worked with IM logs in 800xA 5.1.
Could anyone please explain shortly how to setup the logs and the difference between the two?
The 800xA History is configured and seems to work. I can select the 800xA History Syncronizing Service Provider when creating 800xA History logs.
I have tried to follow the System Configuration manual when creating 800xA History logs but don't understand how these are connected to the OPC direct logs?
Are the OPC direct logs needed?
In 5.1 the IM log is put as an hierarchical log on the OPC direct log but when trying to to this with the 800xA History log the log choice doesn't appear.
Please give me an hint how to do it.
Voted best answer
- Rides piggy back on Basic History logs
- Collect data via OPC HDA
- Stores trend data in 100% pre-allocated files on disk, created with the log on day 1.
- Message logs are stored in Oracle. The system maintenance engineer must ensure Oracle database space is properly dimensioned (e.g. using Auto-Extend on critical tablespaces used for message logs)
- Collect via OPC DA.
- Stores trend and message logs in a database.
- Logs wrap at retention setting or when the disk becomes full. Be careful.