External PU410 RTA Unit - Can a single PU410 RTA unit communicate with more than one virtual connectivity server?
Can a single external PU410 RTA unit communicate with more than one virtual connectivity server and OPC Server for MOD300 installed on the same physical machine?
Current set up:
- There are two redundant pairs of 800xA SV 5.0 MOD 300 connectivity servers. Each of these connectivity servers are installed with PCI RTAB to connect the 800xA system to the MOD300 DCN to provide the interface for the MOD300 system.
- There is one more redundant server installed with PCI RTAB and it contains 'OPC Server for MOD300' and Data Link software to interface 800xA system with other systems (for e.g. SCADA) via OPC.
- There are four AC460 controllers. The AC460 controller 1 and 2 are configured to communicate with MOD300 connectivity server 1 (Primary & Secondary) and AC460 controller 3 and 4 are configured to communicate with MOD300 connectivity server 2 (Primary and Secondary). I think this is done by configuring a GENERICD object in the MOD300 database. On the MOD300 connectivity server side it is done by configuring the DCN address on the PAS setting the same as the Physical Device number specified on the GENERICD object of the node in the MOD300 database.
- All the four AC460 controllers are configured to communicate with OPC Server for MOD300 (Primary & Secondary). Here also the configuration on controller and Server side is done the same way as Connectivity server, as mentioned above.
- The plan is to migrate the existing MOD300 Connectivity servers from 800xA SV 5.0 to 6.0 and virtualize them using VMWare ESXi, as shown in above picture. All the primary servers will be virtualized in ESX Primary server and all secondary servers will be virtualized in ESX secondary server.
- Replace the existing PCI RTAB installed in each of the Primary servers with a single external PU410 unit. Replace the existing PCI RTAB installed in each of the secondary servers with a single external PU410 unit, as shown in above picture.
- In SV6.0 MOD300 virtual Connectivity servers configure the DCN address on the PAS settings the same as it was configured in the 800xA SV 5.0 connectivity servers.
1) With the new set up shown, is it still possible to have the same communication as it was before without doing any changes on the AC460 side? that is
- the AC460 controller 1 and 2 will communicate with Connectivity Server 1 (Primary & Secondary),
- the AC460 controller 3 and 4 will communicate with Connectivity Server 2 (Primary & Secondary) and
- all the four AC460 controllers will communicate with OPC Server for MOD300.
2) Or do we need more external PU410 RTA units than shown in New setup picture? If Yes, then why is it required?
3) Is it required to do any changes on the AC460 controller side during or after the migration?