800xa 6.1 server plant network configuration for smart client node on enterprise level
need guidelines for configuring smart client view node on enterprise level.
1) existing 800xa 6.1 system ( domain+aspect+connectivity) with redundant server machine. Primary IP ( 172.16.4.15 / 255.255.252.0) secondary ip ( 172.16.4.16)
2) recently installed smart client 2.3 ( dataprovider node & server node) on 800xA secondary server ( 172.16.4.16)
3) secondary server has spare Ethernet port, can this be assigned ip series : 10.145.44.xxx ( in sync with enterprise level) , will this activity have impact on 800xa 6.1 system performance, 800xa redundancy functioning, RNRP .. Etc.
4) planned to install Cisco ASA5506 firewall between 800xa plant network & enterprise level and configure. can firewall bridge two different IP series? if yes , point no. 3 can be excluded?
5) enterprise level smart client pc ip address : 10.145.44.220 / 255.255.255.192, Gateway :10.145.44.193
When inserting/configuring additional network cards into any System 800xA server node, it is important to enable and apply a correct System Network Filter (using the classic 800xA Configuration Wizard). The filter shall only contain the client/server networks (=exclude the new networks you are adding to reach the enterprise level).
If host name resolution towards enterprise network is required, configure the System 800xA domain controllers with DNS Forwarders pointing towards enterprise DNS servers.
The 800xa client/server network shall have the best Network Metric (lowest number). This is automatically governed by RNRP if the client/server network has the lowest RNRP area number.
See items 4.2, 4.3 and 5.5.7 of the System 800xA Health Check manual, attached.