Hello, everyone, We have various ABB systems in use and we are actually quite satisfied with the Freelance system. But: Since we updated from Freelance 2016 to Freelance 2019 (with and without SP1) we have been struggling with sporadic dropouts in the ViS System. (Note: Hardware doesn't matter - occurs on the latest infrastructure and also on older systems) The situation is as follows: - Calling a faceplate sometimes takes up to 14 seconds; if you click anywhere in this time with the mouse, the whole VIS crashes and terminates. - right mouse on a tag - i.e. calling the context menu - duration up to one minute - The system appears sluggish Does anyone know about this? We now have it in 4 different projects and different hardware structures. I've known Freelance for almost 20 years. We're no novices to the system. We've never had a problem like this before. It won't occur with the 2016 version. Thanks in advance.
Hello, I checked with R&D yesterday and they are not aware of any other customer having this issue.
Things to check: Under the condition that it did not happen, even occasionally or rarely in the 2016 installation, check what else has been changed during the update. Was there a new Ethernet switch installed, IP addresses consolidated, system extended with new nodes, hardware changed etc. ? Those could be the culprits if not done properly. Also in general check your Ethernet network. The diagnostics file of a Freelance controller contains some network statistics that can give hints if something is wrong with the network. The support people you opened a ticket with will surely ask for that diagnostics file and evaluate the information in it.
Just updated from version 2016 to 2019 SP1, trend server added. I was experiencing Digivis lagging, sometimes shortly freezing, crashing, mouse arrow jerks, expecially calling trends or screens history.
I switched back trends from trend server to OSS; system then worked fine
Finally I found the problem was the speed of the ethernet connection to the trend server running at 10 Mbps; that was a bottleneck slowing Digivis.