800xA Custom Audible Alarms
This actually used to work but when trying to add another custom alarm I somehow managed to make the existing one and the new one inoperable.
There are pictures of how I have everything set up.
Look for Audible Alarms in 3BDS011222-600 or in online help.
Your steps seems OK - look for the following:
1. Workplace structure -> extend Web system Workplace object -> select your workplace -> open Audible Alarm Workplace configuration aspect
2. Select Alarm list to use which will generate sounds (usually workplace process alarm list or line)
3. Select Audible alarms is enabled check box
Also it is important to know:
- the path to your sound files (wav) have to be the same on ALL nodes in the system (servers and workplaces)
- the local audible alarm sound configuration aspect (worplace structure - you workplace) overrides a global sound configuration (in Library structure)
- if no sound is configured for a priority level, it is ignored from audible alarms (for your test better put some sound in all priority levels)
Did you somehow manage to remove the Audible Alarm Control tool from the Application Bar?
Did you install a rollup recently? Unfortunately, ABB 800xA Base 6.0.3-0 RU5 introduced a new problem for Audible Alarm which is corrected in ABB 800xA Base 6.0.3-0 RU6 (which is unfortunately only available by upgrading to System Version 126.96.36.199, et al.). However, there exist a simple workaround to fix what got broken in RU5, please ask your regional ABB support center to provide this workaround in case the description fits (silence after installing RU5).
Or file a support case anyway, there is an entire organization within ABB tasked to assist you in case of trouble - few of them spend time here on this open, lightly moderated and public Internet forum.