System 800xA 6.1 - RNRP not showing Area 20 nodes
I have a virtualized 800xA system 6.1 with harmony connect and, I am installing new VM’s for AC 800M connect. Control network is something like:
Host #1: CS-A and QS1
Host #2: CS-B
All nodes can ping each other and, ping the AC 800M controller properly. I could update firmware, download to the controller and see graphics/faceplates with OPC point up and running. However, RNRP viewer doesn’t show nodes from area 20.
- CS-A and QS1 are in the same host so, they see each other in RNRP viewer area 20 but, cannot see CS-B or controller;
- CS-B cannot see anybody in area 20;
I tried disconnecting both Client/Server primary and secondary and, disabling RNRP service and pings on 172.16.80.XX were still good so… it looks like physical infrastructure is okay. Everything works perfectly but, RNRP viewer is not helping.
Have you ever seen it before? Any tips?
Thank you very much in advance!
Voted best answer
ESXi 6.7 or earlier is supported by 800xA.
could you share the snap of the RNRP window.
Ensure the following for proper operation of RNRP
- check if explicit IP rule is used then configure RNRP adress tabs to work accordingly (if implicit rule /22 is used then RNRP will take care automatically).
- Check ISATAP is disabled in all nodes where 800M controllers are connected.
- check RSS is disabled.
- check IP address are resolved in RNRP host files (restart RNRP and refresh host files) do ping -a 172.16.80.x
Along with the above ensure following has been performed in managed switches (assuming u r using managed switches).
• Multicasting must be enabled (must for RNRP).
• Multicast filtering must be disabled.
• Intelligent Multicast must be disabled.
• IGMP Snooping must be disabled.
• Port Security must be disabled if redundant AC 800M is connected. A MAC address connected to one port must be possible to move to another port.
• Ethernet Flow Control shall be disabled.