800xA excel report scheduler error
I am using scheduler to generate a report in 800xA system.when I push the 'run now' button,the running job shows 'error:excel should be opened atleast once from the user account where Afwscheduler service runs' as the picture attached blow.I am using service account to configure the job.
The report template is ok ,and I checked the test run in action aspect, it can output the report correctly.
how can I fix this problem? Is it ABB system error or windows error?
please help me solve this problem.
A couple of points to make about the Scheduler.
1) The Test Action feature from the Action Aspect will only test the configuration of the Action Aspect.
2) The Run Now button in the Scheduling Definition Aspect will test all the configurations of the Action Aspect along with running the configuration of the Scheduling Definition Aspect.
Assuming that you are utilizing Excel to configure and run you reports, there is some additional information that should be know about this.
1) For the 800xA System, Reports run with Excel, (or for that matter, Crystal Reports), are run in the Background mode. That is, the user will not see Excel popup in the window when the Report is executed. One nuance of this is that if the Report execution causes "popup" messages when being run, these also will not be visible, and will cause the Report to hang.
2) When a report is running, the user will notice in MS Task Manager, that a copy of the APP "Excel.exe" will be running in the Performance tab while the report is running. If successful, this will disappear when the Report is successfully completed. If it should hang, you may notice there are multiple copies of the "Excel.exe" app in this tab. With hung or completed reports, there should never be a copy of this app remaining in the Task Manager.
Installing the DataDirect Toolbars.
1) These toolbars should ALWAYS be installed when logged in as the Service Account. As previously mentioned, this will result in the Reports being properly run in the Background when executed. Note, although ABB has been successfully utilizing this feature since the introduction of DataDirect dating back to earlier generations of DCS systems, running in the Background is not a supported feature of Microsoft.
Attached you will find additional information about the installation of DataDirect Toolbars, which again is only attributable to the use of Excel for Reports in the 800xA System.
Should this information not provide you with the necessary steps to correct your issue, I suggest that you open a Support Case with your local Regional Support Group so that this can be properly documented.