Redundant control network AC900F (ETH3)
I have tried to configure two AC900F's with a redundant control network. I configured ETH1 and ETH3 on a different subnet. AC900F is configured OK. (see the picture:IP Address LineA-B A)
The problem is as follows:
- When the communication for ETH1 is lost, then AC900F change the Primary at Secondary automatically. (see the picture:Line A-B ok)
- With Line A NO OK (both ETH1 are NO OK), In this case, Why when the communication for ETH3 is lost, then AC900F NO change the Primary at Secondary? (see the picture:Line A no ok)
- It's Normal?
- It's the freelance version?
- Is there something else to configure?
I will like to know why.
Thank you for your answers
The first case work flow is clear. You remove ETH1 from primary lead to switch over to secondary.
But the second case work flow is not clear, could you pls explain your work flow.
1. Remove ETH1 from primary(Controller 1) then switch to secondary(Controller 2), ETH1 is running.
2. Remove ETH1 from new primary(Controller 2), and removing ETH3 on new primary (Controller 2)
or any other flow.
You can refer attached "Toggle.jpg" image
When you remove the ETH3, Primary and Secondary become non synch and their is no redundancy anymore. You should see the R/S LED change when you remove the ETH3.
Reason is, that ta redundant pair communicates also via Control-Net (not only redundancy link) That communication is needed to solve the situation of 2 Primaries and prevent both write to outputs.
Also please note that this is the second failure in the network. Line redundancy covers a single failure only.