800XA Logover is activated for AlarmShelving
- When Control room operator is logged in , if we click alarm shelving and enter the supervisor password - its give the message the illegal user name.
- To over come this issue we have enabled Log over setting and supervisor the change login with logover option and complete the shelving
- Once we enabled the Log over setting we started have new issue , from controler builder to Plant explorer navigation started error
- Every time workplace it ask to enter the user name and password
- Auto workplace startup also interrupted due to this as it ask for password again
Shelving need proper permission - better hand out this permission where required using standard methods instead of adding LogOver to the equation.
Starting with Microsoft Windows 8, LogOver which is based on the Microsoft Windows security privilege Impersonate a client after authentication now additionally also requires elevation.
The new method of automatic start of workplace seen in 800xA 6.0 and onwards addresses that w/o causing Microsoft Windows to ask for user credentials at every workplace start.
I have written about this on AKS in past articles.
- Scheduled Task
- Run task with highest permission