Basic History service of 800xa is toggling between Servce state and intailaise state
I am facing one issue My basic history service state is continuously toggling from Initialise state to ready state ,its not reaching service state .
Both primary and Secondary both server having same issues.
The reason for the problem can be many:
- Is the service restarting (getting a new PID) for each turn?
- Are any exception logs generated C:\ProgramData\ABB\Process Portal A\Log\...
If yes, turn on Dump On Exception (use legacy Configuration Wizard, press & hold ALT-SHIFT then select Diagnostics).
Collect the crash dump (sibling folder to Log above), compress and hand over to local support team when filing the support case.
- Are any system messages output to [Workplace Structure]Web System Workplace:System Event List
- Is the \OperateITData\History folder accessible, damaged, containing trash files, etc?
The entire OperateITData folder and contents must be R/W by the IndustrialITAdmin group and R by IndustrialITUser group.
Take ownership if needed. Use Configuration Wizard to apply System Software User Settings (this will enforce the permission above).
The files can be moved out of said folder (and kept elsewhere) while having the Basic History service disabled. New files will be created (empty) when restarted. If this works, one or more files were corrupt. System Events should tell which log. Stop Basic History then put the other (old) files back and start up again.
Check Windows Event Log for disk errors
Scan disk for errors with CHKDSK.EXE, etc.
- Is the configuration too large causing out or RAM? Check RAM usage (e.g. trend advhthistorysrv.exe with perfmon.exe)
- Is the configuration corrupt?
a) Use Find Tool to search for aspects having Aspect Category = Log Template, drag & drop to Consistency Check tool, check.
b) Use Find Tool to search for aspects having Aspect Category = Log Configuration, drag & drop to Consistency Check tool, check
Repair or delete corrupt configurations
- Do have control over all History Source aspects and their settings (which Basic History service group they point to)?
- Use afwapplogviewer.exe to just "Get Messages" on this node. Some error logs are always on.
Have all of the above information ready when you log a support case with your regional ABB support center.