800xA for Advant Master aspect precedence
what is the best practice to have different faceplates (default aspects) for different kinds of motors in 800xA for Advant Master? It is described for AC 800M in the System 800xA Configuration manual - create one object type for each motor type. This is not possible with Advant Master, so I created all my faceplates in Object Type Structure on MB300 Motor object and then performed override, approve and set the Default Aspect key for each instance of the motor, I wanted to use any of my new faceplates as a default aspect. This is working well until I need to edit my faceplates - then I have to delete override and perform all overriding steps again for each motor instance. Is there any simpler way (besides BDM)? I mean some aspect that could be placed on an object instance and will determine a "local" aspect precedency or a "conditional" Aspect Precedency List (e.g. if there exists General Property X on an object instance then use aspect Y as default).
Thanks for your answers.
Voted best answer
Build your own "Extension Library".
- Create a new Extension library for the current Object Type Library version
- Create your aspect changes in the extension library.
- Aspects in the extension library are not lost during any upgrades or system changes.
Use Aspect Groups. Aspect Groups are collections of aspects that can be added to individual objects. They are particularly with PLCuseful connect, but can work with any object type.
- Create one Aspect Group for each motor variant
- Place all of your changes in "Aspect Groups" in the object type structure.
- Then add the desired Aspect Group to the individual motor object in the control structure.
See on-line help and Manuals for more details.