Freelance OPC server
what is the possible way to get connections between freelance DCS system with third party data base? throw OPC server , what is the tools requierments ?
1. Cheap and ugly, very few values, but working well:
- Still inside Freelance, concat the values to a SQL-query and use an TCP/IP Send (SR_USEND) to send the data to the database server
- On the database server receive the SQL-query by using bash-script, nc and awk (I assume its a linux/unix system)
- from the shell-script pipe the SQL-query to the database
2. The usual, not so cheap way:
Freelance --> OPC-Server --> 3rd party data transfer tool --> Database
The real question is about the mystical "3rd party data transfer tool". There are many of this, but which one to use depends on your needs, your system and on the kind of your database.
Since you not lost a single word about this, no one can recommend you one of this tools.