800xA Bulk Data Manager Documentation
I would like to know if exists some documentation explaining
which kind of activities are allowed with BDM and when is highly
recommended avoid them. In other word when BDM ic convenient or not.
Also, i would like to know if it is possible to copy diagrams and their content with BDM
I will really appreciate any suggestion.
Thanks a lot.
Quoting directly from the manual:
- Bulk data management such as:
- fast and easy list oriented processing of engineering data in Microsoft Excel.
- retrieving, filtering and saving data from/to other System 800xA applications.
- automatic creation of objects, aspects, and structures based on reusable solutions.
- import and export of customer data or data from other applications.
- Macro environment
- VBA macros can be created in Microsoft Excel handling objects and aspects.
- work off-line, i.e. without a connection to the Aspect Server, with application data once they are loaded from the platform.
Source: ABB manuals