Dear we are using an 800xA System with Harmony Connect and we already have different templates/Aspect that are being used in the plant, when we drag and drop an aspect in Graphic Display PG2 it asks us for a single harmony Tag, where as we want to add two Harmony tags in a single Aspect for proper integerated indication of two Analog Values, Please Guide how we may implement this in Object Type Structure(Harmony Object)
Also please share detailed manual for Object Type Structure. Thanks
You will have to select one tag as your master and this will be fill later in the element. You have to create an input properly « ViewRefernce » for the other tag and you will select a aspect like the faceplate of the other tag. Then you look inside your symbol to convert your viewreference to any propertyref using the lateboundpropertyref function. Tag2#object should give you the tag2 name. ABB doesn’t to use too much this function because it’s slower because nothing is pre compile. The string is evaluated every time it’s used.
As Stephan says AVOID Late Binding. But sometimes you have to use it. Some tips to get much better performance .....
- Late Binding must "search" for the tag every time the latebound reference is initialised on a graphic. This search can have a massiveeffect on the performance of late binding.
- Avoid at all costs simply searching by name. You will have to search the entire aspect system, and the search will break if you have a duplicate name.
- Avoid searching in other structures - eg the Library Structure - because typically you then have to search by name. Search in the same structure that the parent object appears in. Eg Control Structure.
- Always include the Aspect Name.
- If possible, Provide a search path starting with [DIRECT] which starts the search from the current object in the current structure. Search UP and DOWN from here.
- Keep the search path as short as possible.
The only documentation on late binding is in the Graphics Builder expression reference help.