What is the Correct Procedure to Bring Logic Changes from a 5.1 System to a 6.1 System ?
We cannot find anything documented in the Upgrade Manual on how to get the Logic Changes from 5.1 to 6.1 System ?
What is the correct Procedure ?
Voted best answer
- Take new full backup of 5.1 system
- Use some virtualization technique (VMware, Hyper-V,...) to create a single engineering node at v6.1.
- Take snapshot
- Delete 6.1 System
- Restore 5.1 backup (map only 1st aspect server) - this is actually a ”proper upgrade”
- Open project in CBM, perform necessary upgrade steps
- Export updated items and import them to the production system
- You may have to wipe anything pre-existing before import, but I believe Entity Concept will do the right thing for you.
As far as I can tell, the Entity Concept prevents you from exporting or importing sub-parts of an application, eg a Control Module. The smallest transferable piece, is IIRC, a Control Application,
Another option may be using CBM Open innterface, which allows to export/import the whole content of Control modules, Programs, Diagrams, CM instances, etc. to text files. If you are skilled with C# or VBA you can develop your own simple import/export tool within 2 days. I can help you then, contact me off forum.
I hope it helps.