Module requirement for establishing redundancy from solo system having PM861A CPU
Can anyone suggest what are the modules we need to procure for the same.
You do not provide detailed info on your system setup/version so here goes:
The possible setups are described in the AC800M Controller Hardware Manual (3BSE036351-[version]_[release]...).
A couple of things to consider first:
1. Can't use COM3 port in redundant setup (for Modbus serial etc)
2. Can't use the electrical ModuleBus (right side of the CPU) for I/O, only, in your case, Profibus I/O possible.
3. Discarding Profibus CI redundancy, makes future online upgrade possible, but only for the CPU, Profibus master has to be stopped, affecting field equipment and I/O.
4. PM861A is transitioned to Classic phase by jan 2019. It is replaced by PM858, however the PM861A will still be possible to obtain...
5. Later versions (6.0.2) of 800xA supports the BC820 module, which extends distributed redundancy up to a max of 200m. This makes it possible to use different cabinets for robust redundancy reasons. (Otherwise its basically back-to-back placement.)
6. Consider using multiple power supplies with a voting unit as well, UPS feed etc.
7. Need to update system license (twice the price of single).