Communication between PM583-Eth and CP610
First time I am going to communicate PM583-Eth and CP610. For Logic, I am using Automation builder 2.1 and for HMI, I am using Panel Builder 600 software. I want to use Etthernet port for communication. Problem I am facing is that I can not understand which protocol I need to configure to generate tags in HMI. Please help me providing manual so that I can understand based on which protocol is configured. Also, I want to understand mapping of tags with PLC and HMI.
Refer the link.
hopes this will help you
In the above link, you will find a link to PB610 software user manual.
The two most commonly used protocols for communication between ABB PLC and CP600 HMI over Ethernet are,
1. ABB Codesys Ethernet
- Symbol file downloaded to AC500 PLC is used to generate the Tag database in the HMI project
2. ABB Modbus TCP
- The PLC must be configured as a Modbus Server. The necessary settings must be done in the PLC's Ethernet port settings in Automation Builder
- Variables whose value must be Read or Written by the HMI must be declared as Global variables in the codesys program
- The Global variables created must be assigned to Modbus register addresses
- To create Tag database in the ABB Modbus TCP protocol section of the HMI, the Global Variable Object list is first exported from the codesys program and then imported in the HMI project, to populate the Tag database
For more detailed information on how to establish communication, kindly follow the manual or Panel Builder help file.