I am currently having a problem with our 800xA DCS system. The system has active alarms which are complaining about something wrong with the OPC, the message shown in the (Node Struct Services Alarm List) says "Service Provider not in Operational State". Due to this alarm we are unable to monitor any trends that we receive from our sensors. I have attached some pictures that would give a better idea... Looking forward for any kind of support and thanks in advance.
Check if you can login to these servers and connect the OPC server directly with a test client, eg advdsopcclient.exe part of 800xA standard installation.
1. Launch advdsopcclient from Start>Run...
2. Browse for local servers
3. Select the server in trouble
4. Connect. Check status field. Must be ”running”
5. Add Group, Browse for an item, Add, Advise
1. Open the OPC Server for AC800M from the icon on the server that is down (install normally puts an icon on the desktop)
All the IP addresses of your controllers should have smiley faces
If they are not smiling then disconnect and reconnect to each IP
also see if you can ping the controller from the connectivity server
2. you need to go to the service structure and down to OPCDA connector service and expand that. you can restart the services there. This is the service provider as referenced in your question.